Politics are based upon the flesh, and certain people are very good at twisting the truth to make something seem desirable when it is not good for most people. The fact that most politicians are lawyers or legalists tends to make them look for ways around the laws so they can get what they want. Politicians are like used car salesmen, nobody really trusts them, but we have to deal with them. Now that I have laid a basic premise of politicians as a whole, I will proceed to try and make a case for why politics do not belong in Christianity.
- Christianity is supposed to be based upon Jesus Christ and His Way of Life to salvation in Him. Politics in Christianity tend to try to dilute the absolute authority of Christ over Christianity. Such as making one political party more acceptable than another according to the political beliefs of the church attendees and those preaching the message in the church.
- Christ tells us to pick up our crosses and follow Him daily. That is kind of hard to do when you have a political party lying to you about what Christ taught or didn't teach. Instead they want you to lay down your cross and follow their political party daily.
- Jesus Christ told us to Love our brothers and sisters in Him and to even love our enemies. The politicians tell us to have nothing to do with the other parties, that they are the only ones who have the right answers. Jesus Christ says He has the right answers and to not be deceived by the wolves in the sheeps clothing
- Jesus Christ told us to take care of those less fortunate than we are, to help the needy and poor who cannot help themselves. The politicians want us to either take care of everyone, or to not take care of anyone. Not seeing the real message of Christ which is to be thankful you are able to help those in need, and are not in need yourself. Helping others is a way of showing the thankfulness we have of being blessed enough to be able to help others and not have to depend on the kindness of others. Politicians use it for votes, Christ uses it to show love and mercy.
- God doesn't need a politician to tell Him how to run His belief system, or interpret anything He said. Jesus Christ is fully aware of what is needed and He provided it all. Politicians want to create a need for them, so they always have some problem that they ned to solve.
- Jesus Christ is not a liar, politicians lie out of habit, even when there is nothing to lie about.
- Jesus Christ died for all of us, so that we could be found acceptable to God in Him. He tells us to die to ourselves and follow Him. The political believers think people should die for their beliefs, but they don't have to change because their politics are acceptable to Christ.
- John 14:5-7
5 Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?" 6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7 "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."
The political believers try to make the laws the way, by saying if you do this or that you are acceptable. Jesus Christ said we have seen God through Him. I see the political believers and know they are not of Him, for they deny the Way of Christ.
Lastly there are these verses. John 15:1-4
15 "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
Notice that He says we must abide in Him to bear fruit. No where in the Bible does it say one must be a conservative or liberal to bear fruit, because those things are of politics not of Christ. We must abide in Him and His Way if we are to do His work and bear the fruit of Him.
18 "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, A servant is not greater than his master. If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 He who hates Me hates My Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would have no sin; but now they have seen and also hated both Me and My Father. 25 But this happened that the word might be fulfilled which is written in their law, They hated Me without a cause.
Politics is of the world, and yes we live in this world so we are affected by the leaders. But we in Christ are not of this world, we are in it but not of it. In other words we know the world doesn't know how to solve the problems, they just keep getting more politically divisive and destroying the planet we live on more and more. While pushing their political agenda to bring everyone under their dominion. Look at the political religions and see what they are pushing, dominance of their beliefs over the freedom of people to choose. They lie about their brand of Christianity or other religion in order to make people think they have the way. Honest followers of Christs Way say He has the Way and we wish to follow His Way, not a political way, or an economic way, or "religions" way. We have been shown His Way.
When I share it is not of my way, it is of His Way. It is not to glorify me, it is to lift Him up so people can see His Way and have the opportunity to know that the deceivers do not want them to know His True Way. His True Way is the narrow path of following Him.
His True Way leaves the deceivers on the wide path to destruction unless they choose to repent and follow Him. This is not what I made up that is why I use the scriptures. It is not judging anyone, for everyone judges themselves by what they believe, accept, and follow.
So when I or others who are of Christ say we reject the ways of the political "christianity" we are saying we reject the ways of the world , because we have Christ and that is all we need. He saved us, not some political party.
Also when those who are not yet believers reject their lies they are saying they can see through the lies of the political religion as well. That should tell the deceived that they really need to examone just what it is they believe in.
Yes I'm back, and I'm not backing down from my beliefs.
Vote it up please if you enjoyed it or learned from it. Comments are always welcome.